"Travel is never a matter of money but of courage." - Paulo Coelho, Aleph

Pages

November 11, 2017

First Time in Boracay

I have been hearing Boracay more than a decade.  Its popularity never fades, and yet, though embarrassing, it was only this time of the year, last month to be exact I was able to travel and visit this famous island together with my husband.  However, I had no regrets whatsoever since this time, I mean unlike before where there were no internet, blogs, Facebook, or the social media as a whole, a DIY travel is now plausible and indeed effortless.  Also, you can now get cheap airfares which is unlikely during my time.  Sorry for comparing.  I am a mom that's why.  I never thought I would come to this age where I sounded like my parents when they were telling stories of the past, something like that.

Our two-way flights, Manila-Boracay (Caticlan) were booked five months before thru Cebu Pacific.  It was a promo, and I got our tickets around Php2,600 per person.  Not bad I think.  I remember my professor in Economics once told us the feeling you have when you are on a plane and someone beside you pays a much lower price than you and yet you get the same service and get to the same destination at the same time.  And because of that feeling I don't want to feel, I never or I won't book a plane ticket if not in promo, unless of course it's emergency.

If your first time as well to visit Boracay, I hope this blog might help you in a way.  I am not a fan of travel agencies and accommodation packages.  I'm not discouraging you to contact them if that's what you like.  I'm just sharing here my experiences and the opportunity cost I have avoided.  Opportunity cost according to Investopedia is "a benefit that a person could have received, but gave up, to take another course of action."  The benefit or potential gain is the money that you could have saved or used in other things.  My apologies again for mentioning Economics and now Accounting in this blog.

When we arrived in Godofredo P. Ramos Airport, we just walked a few steps away to get and ride a tricycle.  We only paid Php10 per person from airport to  Caticlan Jetty Port.  Before riding the ferry, we paid Php100 per person for terminal fee, Php75 per person for environmental and admission fee, and Php75 per person for the ticket.  The ferry we rode on was an open air double decker boat.  Lastly, we took an eTrike or electric tricycle from the port to our hotel located in Station 1 and paid Php25 each.  The eTrike we had can accommodate 8 passengers.  Availing roundtrip transfers including the environmental and terminal fee from our hotel for example will cost us Php1,200.  Aside from the cost savings using DIY tour/roundtrip transfer, my sociable or rather friendly husband was able to chat with the eTrike driver, a resident in Boracay.  We were actually informed how much they earn, how long they need to charge the e-tricycle, even showed or pointed to us the solar powered transportation which we weren't able to ride, and how much they pay for the boundary.

What me and my husband had was only a short visit.  I have a separate post when we went to Diniwid and Spider House Resort.


The next post will be the hotel we checked in during our stay in Boracay.  At present, I am obsessed in traveling, particularly in Boracay.  And less than six months from now, we will travel again to Boracay and this time not only with my husband but also together with our son.

Till next time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment