"Travel is never a matter of money but of courage." - Paulo Coelho, Aleph

Pages

December 16, 2012

Dinner at Kanin Club, Ayala Triangle Gardens


As Christmas approaches, I together with close friends, officemates at the same time decided to have dinner at Kanin Club in Ayala Triangle Gardens.  This was not our first time to dine there.  But whenever we feel like going to Ayala Triangle Gardens, Kanin Club is always on top of our list.

This was the scene at Kanin Club that night.  Those people outside were waiting for their seats.  We were at number 8 (as far as I remember) on the waiting list when we arrived.IMG_0022

Btw, for those who don’t know Kanin Club yet, it is not a club/night club (hehe).  It is a restaurant that serves Filipino dishes with branches in Laguna, Muntinlupa, Quezon City, Mandaluyong and of course Makati.

And the ambiance, very Filipino.  With wooden floors and capiz windows, feels like dining at Vigan, one of the oldest and preserved towns/cities in the country.IMG_0021

Even if we already gave our orders before we got our seats, we still waited for 30 minutes I guess before orders arrived.

IMG_0003

We didn't think much on what to order.  We just ordered our favorite Crispy Dinuguan and Seafood Kare Kare.

IMG_0007Crispy Dinuguan

I think, it shouldn't be called Seafood Kare Kare.  It should be Tahong (Mussels) Kare Kare cause the plate had a great number of mussels on it than any other kind of seafood.  There were only 2 pcs. of shrimp on the plate which I’m very much sure.  Anyway, the taste is good except for the Bagoong AlamangBagoong Alamang of Barrio Fiesta and Cabalen is still the best for me.
IMG_0010Seafood Kare Kare

We also ordered Pancit Bihon for a change.  And, we truly liked it.  It is not too moist and not too dry.  My friends and I have the same opinion about the taste, the taste is what we actually looking for a Pancit Bihon.
IMG_0013Pancit Bihon

And, to be an official member of the club, kanin (rice) should be included in list of orders (just kidding haha).  Well for me, I wouldn't appreciate those delicious dishes without kanin or rice.
IMG_0012Kanin (Rice)

After we have finished our dinner, we visited the famous Ayala Triangle Gardens Lights and Sounds Show.  Well, I won’t say much about this show or the place since I have been posting it more than once in this site.  And hey, I am not paid to keep on mentioning Ayala Triangle Gardens hehe.  I don’t know if Ayala would be thankful of me or the opposite but I don’t have that number of viewers and followers so my views don’t really exist in the whole blogosphere hehe.
IMG_0024Ayala Triangle Gardens Lights & Sounds Show

Hope I could dine again at Kanin Club.  There are lots of food choices in their menu so even if I dined there more than once, I have a lot of dish that I still haven’t and want to try.  Before I forget, their servings are really big.  Those orders I've mentioned was more than enough for us five.

Till next time!  Smile 


Kanin Club
Ayala Triangle Gardens
Makati
(02) 621-6109

No comments:

Post a Comment