"Travel is never a matter of money but of courage." - Paulo Coelho, Aleph

Pages

January 13, 2013

Dinner Buffet at Circles Event Cafe, Makati Shangri-La Hotel


This is actually one of my late posts.  Not too late because this dinner buffet with my colleagues happened only last month, December last year to be exact.  It was Friday night, just more than a week before Christmas.  It was my first time to enter and dine at Makati Shang.  I am very much thankful to my colleagues, especially to my bosses who had a bigger amount of share on the food (buffet) bills that I was again able to experience dining at one of the five star hotels in the metro.

This luxurious hotel is located near the popular malls in Makati: Greenbelt, Landmark, Glorietta and SM.  And, walking distance to MRT (Metro Rail Transit) - Ayala Station.

I really loved looking at those big chandelier and Christmas decors in the hotel lobby.  Of course, this would never escape from my camera lens.DSC_0453

And just a closer look at the angels that seem like flying..DSC_0451

Circles Event Café is located at the far left side of the hotel lobby.

DSC_0412

DSC_0413

Themed buffets are every night, from Mondays to Saturdays and big brunch on Sundays.  What we had was a “Seafood Market” themed dinner buffet, since it was Friday night.DSC_0407

The dining area is really big and spacious.  Even though almost all of the dining tables were occupied, the place still didn't look crowded and wasn't that noisy.  Btw, I noticed some public figure dining there that time.
DSC_0404

Our table was located far from the buffet area.  Sorry I wasn't able to take photos of the buffets.  Aside from knowing and having read on some of the blogs/reviews that most of the five star hotels don’t allow taking pictures on their food/dish at the buffet area, yours truly is really a shy type person.  I didn't find anyone doing it so I decided not to take the chance.  And besides I was too busy eating hehe Winking smile.  Anyway, I just took photos of my plates and some of the plates for sharing.

This plate was from buffet salad and sushi section.  Their salad and sushi/Japanese dish section are quite small, not the way I expected.DSC_0276

DSC_0281

There were lots of fresh seafood cause it was a “Seafood Market” themed dinner buffet.  It was like eating at Dampa, you know what I mean—selecting your fresh seafood for them to cook in any dish you prefer and it will be delivered right at your table when its ready.
DSC_0278

You should eat these seafood dishes while its hot..
DSC_0320

DSC_0334

DSC_0336

DSC_0342

DSC_0333

DSC_0392

This crepe was precooked, available in the buffet dessert section.  You should order freshly made cause this one didn't look or even taste delicious.DSC_0335

DSC_0362

DSC_0367

Coffee and hot tea are complimentary.  Bottomless iced tea has a charge and located on the buffet area so if you didn't read or notice the label that it has a charge, you might get one just like some of my companions.  Good thing, they informed me.  I rather drink coffee which I love drinking especially after having a big meal and with no extra charge!!
DSC_0364

Chefs around the buffet area and the waiters/waitresses are not that friendly as compared to those in Escolta at The Peninsula Manila.  All in all, the food is scrumptious.  It was indeed a great dining experience.  The dinner buffet rate is expensive of course but trying or experiencing it once in a while or on an occasion is really worth it.
DSC_0366

DSC_0408

This is their bakeshop near the Circles Event Café entrance.  I didn’t peek inside to check the goods and the price.DSC_0411

Going back to the hotel lobby..

DSC_0438

DSC_0448

My photo op (haha) with some of the Christmas trees on the hotel lobby in front of the hotel’s main entrance.
DSC_0429

DSC_0454

(Belated) Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year folks!

Till next time!  Winking smile
 

Circles Event Cafe at Makati Shangri-La, Manila
Ayala Avenue corner Makati Avenue
Lobby Level
Makati City  1200
(02) 813-8888

1 comment: