"Travel is never a matter of money but of courage." - Paulo Coelho, Aleph

Pages

May 29, 2012

Dining with Style at Manila Pen’s Escolta


 
ambisyosang frog
It was an invitation, a treat from our superiors to have a luxury dining experience in one of the five star hotels in the country situated at the heart and busy roads of Makati City. Excited, I prepared my Canon PowerShot digital camera and started picking out my outfit three days before the planned dinner date. And now, is too excited to share the experience through this blog. Sorry if I’m not that really good or confident when it comes to writing. But the idea of sharing my own experiences and thinking others might learn from those or in some case inspire others are extremely rewarding.


Upon entering the hotel, you will be enthralled by their big lobby lounge and picturesque interiors. From the lobby entrance to your right is the direction towards Escolta where they serve the dinner or even lunch buffet.

ambisyosang frog

Table reservations were made beforehand. Our tables are located on the elevated part of the dining area. I took this photo while everyone was busy getting their plates.

ambisyosang frog

Starting April 10, a number of different themes are available for lunch and dinner. There’s a choice of finest delicacies from around the world, from the Bay of Bengal and the Gulf of Mexico to the German Rhineland, the Mediterranean (our theme for that night) and all the way to the Sea of Japan.

The food is scrumptious. I’m not much of a picky eater but I had difficulty choosing from their wide buffet selection. Each meal had its own labels but most of it sounds unfamiliar since it’s a Mediterranean theme. But I was not reluctant to ask the chefs around the area for they seemed friendly and approachable.

ambisyosang frog
ambisyosang frog




I was in dire need of this. Good thing it was free and there were choices between green tea, chamomile and jasmine tea. I ordered the first one.






We had a short stroll around the pool area after we'd finished our dinner. I really wanted to share a few photos I took from the hotel outdoor swimming pool but the shots were dark so it was not desirable to upload. I wish I have a DSLR camera (haaay..).

Before we left, we went to The Peninsula Boutique. My boss told us that the breads and pastries were 50% off in the bakeshop at that time.

ambisyosang frog

This shelf caught my attention (yummy!). I didn’t buy of course, it’s too expensive for me and besides it will only just add up to my choles (weh?).

ambisyosang frog
ambisyosang frog

I just bought a few breads and it cost me less than 200 pesos. Anticipation led to disappointment the moment I’d tasted those. But my judgment is insignificant since I haven’t tried most of their baked goods.

Btw, my boss has this Manila Pen’s membership card. If you’re a member, you will be charged half of the buffet price (actual price is almost 2,000 pesos), plus a complimentary one overnight stay and other freebies (vouchers).

ambisyosang frog

It was a great experience and I owe this to my superiors. I wish I could check-in at The Peninsula Manila someday (sponsors please..haha!). Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment