"Travel is never a matter of money but of courage." - Paulo Coelho, Aleph

Pages

July 21, 2012

Binondo Food Trip


Most of us have already tried this famous hopia from Eng Bee Tin Chinese Deli.  I bought this from my officemate yesterday which she got from a messenger who had route in Binondo-Makati and v.v.  Actually, one of my favorites is their Hopia Ube (P41 each).  Eng Bee Tin is originally and has two stores in Binondo (Ongpin Cor. Nueva St. and Quintin Paredes St.).  To know more about their branches and wide variety of products, you may visit their website here.

www.simplejoysoftraveling.blogspot.com

Whenever we pass through Binondo, we always drop by Eng Bee Tin to buy pasalubong and for our own consumption as well.

I took this picture while we were on our way home from Cavite.  We passed through Roxas Blvd. and then Jones Bridge.  Here you will see the Filipino-Chinese Friendship Arch at the bottom of Jones Bridge in Quintin Paredes St. 
www.simplejoysoftraveling.blogspot.com
Binondo is the "Chinatown" district in Manila.  It became the center of commerce during the American occupation.  Many of Binondo's commercial establishments were destroyed after World War II, with companies moving to Makati, one of the financial capitals of the Philippines.”--source
With that, the ambisyosang frog is planning to have a food trip in Binondo.  But it will be a one day at a time food trip.  I asked some of my officemates who live and have worked there and gave me the ff. suggestions.
  • Wai Ying
  • Ling Nam
  • Tasty Dumplings
  • Sincerity
And the ff. are from my own research.
  • President Tea House
  • New Po-Heng Lumpia House
  • Dong Bei Dumplings
  • Shanghai Fried Siopao
I would love to hear other or more suggestions if you have any.  Just post your comment or email me--cescarreon@ymail.com.  It will be very much appreciated.

Till next time!  Open-mouthed smile

No comments:

Post a Comment