"Travel is never a matter of money but of courage." - Paulo Coelho, Aleph

Pages

December 9, 2012

Blushing Cupcakes Cafe


I have been planning and preparing to throw a kid’s party for my son’s birthday when I found Blushing Cupcakes Café in Sky Garden, SM North Edsa.  I was actually looking for a birthday cake near the party place.  Sons’ birthday party was held in Shakey’s SM North Edsa.  Thanks to the internet, I was able to find Blushing Cupcakes Café.  Before placing an order for the said party, we tried their cupcakes first (of course).

DSC_0495

Currently, they have three branches: Club 650 Libis (beside Shopwise); Sky Garden, SM North Edsa and CW Home Depot Ortigas.

Blushing Cupcakes Café in SM North Edsa is quite small but just a perfect place to have coffee and dessert before or after shopping in the mall or after having a sumptuous lunch or dinner in one of the nearby restaurants at Sky Garden.

DSC_0499

They have various cupcakes to choose from.  And, I was surprised that their cupcakes aren’t really expensive.  Price ranges from P33 to P57 each!!!

DSC_0494

I just ordered these four cupcakes for takeout.
DSC_0529Blushing Cupcakes (from left to right, upper to lower portion): Red Velvet P39; Chocolate Glaze P36; Cookies and Cream P36 and Blueberry Cheesecake P52

I love the Cookies and Cream.  Anyway, I always love Cookies and Cream as a flavor in any desserts.  Another thing, the icing is what I like most about their cupcake.  I have tried other brand in the area (since I was looking for a perfect dessert, giveaway at the same time and cake for my son’s birthday party) and their icings are far better.

DSC_0524


Wonder what my son’s birthday party cupcakes and cake are?  Well, here it is.

DSC_0166

DSC_0167

Son’s birthday party held in Shakey’s SM North Edsa was a Justice League (Superman) themed party.  Blushing Cupcakes Café customize cupcakes and cakes.  Good thing, 9-inch Superman cake (above photo) is available in their designs.

Their customized cupcake worth P60 each, plus P15 each if you want to add cupcake toppers.  That’s expensive.  Well in my case, since my motif is red and blue, I just ordered 15 pcs. Red Velvet and 15 pcs. Blueberry for P39 each.  And, I just had the DIY cupcake toppers.  I only used clip art from MS Office, printed it in white board paper, cut and then attached on toothpick using scotch tape.  I also bought there the Cupcake Tower (3-tier) and personally designed it with red and blue ribbons from SM Makati.

DSC_0052

Here is the sample computation of my son’s birthday cupcakes and cake:

The DIY Cupcake Tower Kit (3-Tier)      P 400.00
15 pcs. Red Velvet                                  585.00DSC_0053
15 pcs. Blueberry                                    585.00
1 pc. Red Velvet (free)                             -0-
1 pc. Blueberry (free)                               -0-
9-inch Superman Cake                             900.00
2 meters Plain Red Ribbon                         10.00
2 meters Plain Blue Ribbon                        10.00
32 pcs. individual boxes (free)                  -0-
                                                        ------------
Total                                                 P2,490.00
                                                        =========

Isn’t that cheap?  But not the way it looks (I hope you agree with me hehe).

Btw, order of said cupcakes and cake should be placed at least one week before.  And, they don’t deliver so make sure you have a buddy with strong hands to pick up and carry those.  My decision was right since Blushing Cupcakes Café is just a few walks away from Shakey’s in SM North Edsa.

One more, don’t expect the 9-inch cake to be delicious as the cupcakes.  What would you expect in customized birthday cakes (even with other brands), just a mere decoration.  Anyway, a party or any event wouldn’t be complete without themed cakes.

Till next time!  Party smile


Blushing Cupcakes Café
Sky Garden
2/F SM North Edsa
Brgy. Pagasa
Quezon City
664-0538

No comments:

Post a Comment