"Travel is never a matter of money but of courage." - Paulo Coelho, Aleph

Pages

September 2, 2012

Hong Kong Disneyland Resort


It’s every kid’s dream to see and visit Disneyland.  Home of Mickey Mouse as I’ve always said to my son.  I’m one of those kids but no longer a kid when I finally reached that dream.  It was only last year when I visited Disneyland in Hong Kong, a country geographically closer to my country, Philippines.

Btw, previous news (April this year) states that Clark Freeport, Pampanga First District Rep. Lazatin wrote to chairman and CEO of Walt Disney Company based in California, USA, and asked him to consider Clark’s 4,400 hectare main zone and 27,600 hectare subzone for their next Disneyland theme park.  That’s good news for us Filipinos, hope it would be granted but for those who couldn’t wait, Hong Kong Disneyland is more than just two hours away (by plane) from Philippines.

You could get to the resort conveniently via MTR (Mass Transit Railway).  And yes!  They have a dedicated train line on Sunny Bay Station that will drop you right at the front doors of Hong Kong Disneyland Resort.

IMG_0403Disney (Mickey)-themed train

IMG_0412Hong Kong Disneyland Resort at last!

IMG_0418Hong Kong Disneyland ticket

IMG_0417at the main gate/entrance

IMG_0425“Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy.”

There were only 2 floats left at the parade when we arrived.

IMG_0446Tinker Bell and Disney Fairies friends

IMG_0448
 Lilo, Stitch and friends

IMG_0449

We chose a Disney character with the shortest line of kids and adults who wanted to take photo, and that was Goofy.  What would you expect?  Mickey still has the longest queue and it would be a waste of time for us if we lined up there just to have pictures since we only got to Disneyland around 12 noon and planning to leave by 6 pm (whatta day!).

IMG_0441me with Goofy

Another Fantasyland attraction..IMG_0455

IMG_0458

This was our first ride inside a castle like called “it’s a small world.”

IMG_0459

Various costumed dolls were singing the song “it’s a small world,” at various tunes and even dialects.

IMG_0460

This was actually where I started to feel emotional.  I didn’t bring my son in Hong Kong that time.  Though I’m planning to bring him to Disneyland after this first visit, I still feel guilty.  It’s my kid who should be enjoying this place and not his (feeling kid) mom!  Oh..if only he was here..haaay (teary-eyed).

IMG_0468

IMG_0475

One of my BFF Grets favorites is The Golden Mickeys.  That’s why with our short visit to Disneyland I have made sure that we were able to watch The Golden Mickeys at Disney’s Storybook Theater.
IMG_0480

IMG_0512Beauty and the Beast

IMG_0513with Minnie and Mickey

IMG_0519

And Mickey’s PhilharMagic was included on my list, an immersive 3-D attraction.IMG_0523

Some of the Tomorrowland attractions..

IMG_0534

IMG_0536feeling kid talaga!

IMG_0538

Some photos at the Adventureland..

IMG_0554

IMG_0556

I was on top, at the Tarzan’s tree house when I took this photo.IMG_0564

This is the Main Street, USA.  The first attraction you will see upon entering the main gate.  But these photos seemed to be the last files in my HKG folder (sorted by date).  I took these photos while we were about to leave the resort.

IMG_0571

IMG_0572

IMG_0573

IMG_0575

IMG_0576

I still have more photos filed in my laptop.  But I guess need to cut it here..

There are latest attractions in Hong Kong Disneyland at present, the Toy Story Land and Grizzly Gulch. I can’t wait to bring my son there.

IMG_0587

It was past 6 pm and time to say bye for now Hong Kong Disneyland!  We missed the fireworks but we needed to walk fast and go to Mongkok for shopping since we were going home by tomorrow.

Now, I didn’t feel guilty not bringing son to Hong Kong that time.  It was a 2D/3N trip.  And two days aren't enough to truly enjoy each visit.  Friend Mai and I were like participants in amazing race.  My kid’s health will be at risk if he was with me.  Cause with only map, budgeted HKD and time frame on our hands; we needed to finish the entire place on the itinerary we made.  Which we did and both won this imaginary game and the prize was there in our hearts and spirits—unforgettable experience and happiness..Open-mouthed smile


P.s.  For more information, visit www.park.hongkongdisneyland.com

No comments:

Post a Comment