"Travel is never a matter of money but of courage." - Paulo Coelho, Aleph

Pages

August 26, 2012

Ocean Park Hong Kong


If there is one place I won’t hesitate to return, that’s Hong Kong!  And you shouldn’t go home without visiting the ff.


First, we took the train from Cheung Sha Wan Station (MTR station near to our hotel) and dropped off to Admiralty Station.  And that was possible with the help of MTR map.  Then from Admiralty we took a special bus going to Ocean Park.


That’s me on the top load of double decker/two storey bus.
IMG_0161

At Ocean Park Hong Kong at last.  A park suits not only for kids but for adults and a kid at heart like me.  I couldn’t describe the excitement I felt the first time I set foot there.IMG_0163

IMG_0170

We bought these tickets (Disneyland tickets also) somewhere in Central at discounted price =))  There’s a building in Central that looks like 168 in Divisoria.  You will find many Filipinos inside.IMG_0172

IMG_0176

IMG_0179

You need to ride a Cable Car or train called Ocean Express going to other side of the park.IMG_0185

IMG_0187

My first cable car ride..  I’m afraid of heights but that experience is really great.IMG_0196

IMG_0201

One of the views while riding the cable car.IMG_0206

At the Giant Panda Adventure.  Haaay.. too bad, Panda was sleeping when we visited there.  But I was happy seeing a real Panda and not just on television.IMG_0218

There’s a souvenir shop near the exit of the Giant Panda Adventure.  You could buy Panda stuff toys at various sizes, ref magnets (of course) and many more.  They accept Credit Cards (preferably Visa).IMG_0224

It was lunch time.  Hubby bought only spaghetti, hotdog bun and coke for two of us which cost 80HKD or P440.00 at can’t remember store near the Giant Panda Adventure.  That was expensive and the taste not actually good.IMG_0229

There were different types of show inside the park.  We only stopped for a while but didn’t actually watch.  We were busy roaming around and trying as many rides as we could.IMG_0235

IMG_0237

Never mind the long queue, the heat and bad smell coming from some of the foreigners as long as we get to the ride.IMG_0242

This is the Flash..  Only hubby has the heart and nerve to ride this.  I didn’t try.  I like extreme rides but more of a roller coaster kind and not this one, feet on top of my head? That’s a no no.IMG_0252

IMG_0253

Love this view while riding the Ocean Park Tower (above photo).IMG_0254

It was in the Ocean Park Hong Kong where I experienced the steepest and longest Escalator ever. The park is on a mountain I guess so escalators are essential when strolling around or going from one place to another.IMG_0265

Behind us was the Mine Train.  We had fun riding this roller coaster but I was so afraid thinking I might fall straight to the ocean or on side of the mountain (paranoid hehe).  IMG_0267

We noticed a more exhilarating ride like The Abyss and The Dragon.  Hubby wanted us to ride there but I refused after the riding experience I had in Mine Train.  And besides, we were exhausted (sign of aging hehe) and it was getting late for our next place on our itinerary.

But before we made to the exit, we went to The Grand Aquarium.  Our cameras had low batteries so no souvenir photos were taken inside =((

Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment