"Travel is never a matter of money but of courage." - Paulo Coelho, Aleph

Pages

July 13, 2012

J.CO Donuts and Coffee

 
Last Sunday, we were at SM Megamall.  And from there we attended the Sunday Mass at the Chapel of the Eucharistic Lord located on the 5th level of Mega Atrium.  The mass was ended, we then had our dinner at KFC, one of my son’s favorite food chains.  We had a little shopping for my son afterward.  It was past 9 pm, stores/outlets were already closing.  I knew that my husband; driver at the same time (since I don’t have my driver’s license yet hehe) will get sleepy driving us home so I offered him to have coffee.  Having read and heard about J.CO lately, I suggested that we drink coffee and buy donuts as well for take-out there.

Actually, I like trying and discovering new places to eat.  And J.CO which has recently arrived in the country is really worth the try.  It’s an Asian brand, btw.

The place is quite big but a little crowded.  Seats were occupied most of the time considering it is new.www.simplejoysoftraveling.blogspot.com

There is a lot of J.COFFEE (beverages) to choose from: hot or cold coffee, chocolate and tea; and frappes.  They also have J.COOL Yogurt.www.simplejoysoftraveling.blogspot.com

These were our drinks.
www.simplejoysoftraveling.blogspot.com
Americano (black coffee) Uno/12 oz. for P85

www.simplejoysoftraveling.blogspot.com
Mochabella frappe Uno/12 oz. for P130

I was surprised with the taste of Mochabella frappe.  It is not that sweet but not bland.  The creaminess was there, the coffee not too strong and well blended.

And for the J.CO Donuts, here is what we bought.  Their donuts have unique names, btw.
www.simplejoysoftraveling.blogspot.com
J.CO Donut names (from left to right, upper to lower portion of the box): Caviar Strawberry, Berry Spears, Green Tease, Avocado Dicaprio, Forest Glam, Caviar Chocolate, Blue Berrymore, Heaven Berry, Monapisa, Forest Glam, Jacky Chunk and Monapisa.


The price:


J.CO Donuts
P42 per pc.
P230 half dozen
P350 one dozen
P550 two dozen

J.POPS Baby Donuts
P250 two dozen

It was my husband and son who have actually picked the flavor of donuts.  With those, I liked Green Tease and Avocado Dicaprio.  Their donuts have soft texture and not so sweet, which the combination I actually was looking for a donut.  I heard that Alcapone, Oreology and Tiramisu are delicious.  Hmmm..does it mean that I need to revisit huh?  I certainly will especially now that they are opening soon in Trinoma (my most accessible place) according to the store clerk.  Currently, they only have stores in Megamall, Mall of Asia and Greenbelt.

Till next time!  Smile
 

J.CO Donuts & Coffee
Mega Strip, SM Megamall B
Mandaluyong City

No comments:

Post a Comment