"Travel is never a matter of money but of courage." - Paulo Coelho, Aleph

Pages

July 17, 2012

Dinner at Chic-Boy Chicken at Baboy


After we attended the Mass at Our Lady of Grace Parish in Caloocan City last Sunday, we went to Chic-Boy in Monumento to have dinner.  Chic-Boy Chicken at Baboy restaurant is known to serve both grilled chicken and pork (baboy).  Unlike in Mang Inasal, another similar food chain does not serve grilled pork.

www.simplejoysoftraveling.blogspot.com

It was our first time to dine in Monumento branch.  My husband and I have been to Jupiter, Makati City and West Ave., Q.C. branches.  Chic-boy became one of our favorite food chains, aside from affordable prices and wide variety of meals to choose from is because of their all time unlimited rice and bottomless iced tea (P25).  I also like their Lechon Sauce.

The dining area in Monumento branch is quite small unlike in Jupiter and West Ave. branches in which they have ample parking space and outside dining areas.

www.simplejoysoftraveling.blogspot.com

We ordered Bottomless Iced Tea, Cebu Lechon Liempo, Chicken Sisig (my favorite) and Ensaladang Manga as side order.  Actually, our original order of side dish was not Ensaladang Manga.  It was Ginisang Kangkong sa Bawang which is our favorite but not available that time.  We didn’t order soup dishes because the last time hubby ordered Sinigang na Baboy, he said that his Sinigang is better than theirs.

www.simplejoysoftraveling.blogspot.com
Cebu Lechon Liempo (+ unlimited rice) P115

www.simplejoysoftraveling.blogspot.com
Chicken Sisig (+ unlimited rice) P99; Extra Egg P10

www.simplejoysoftraveling.blogspot.com
Ensaladang Manga P25

Well, I am quite disappointed with Chic-Boy at Monumento branch (in particular).  The floors are not clean.  There was no complimentary soup served unlike in other branches I have been.  The Cebu Lechon Liempo according to hubby is somewhat salty and didn’t seem fresh.  And for Chicken Sisig is not my favorite anymore.  I think the sizzling plate was not in its proper heat that it affects the taste of the Sisig.  Honestly, I am not a food critic.  The only phrase I think I could describe that meal is “I didn’t like it.”

With that dining experience, I still would dine at Chic-Boy definitely in Jupiter and West Ave. and not in Monumento branch but maybe not too soon. Sad smile

2 comments: